Gmail 2 step verification / Two factor authentication: Extra layer of security for login Gmail to protect your account from hackers even when the password was stolen because Every time you sign in to your Google account it will send a code to your mobile number which is registered on your Gmail account. To turn on 2 step verification, So Gmail Login or Gmail Sign up a new account to enable this feature on your Gmail account.
Google developed www.Gmail.com is one of the most-used services around the world and is also ranked the best productive service as it offers uncountable incredible features to its users. Be it usage, communication, storage, security or name any other feature, Gmail stands tall with its specifications.
Used mainly for storing personal information and communicating with the people, Gmail is often referred as the most secured one and also this is one of the best dimensions of its unmatched features.
Apart from its features, specifications, and others, it is important to note that securing Gmail is one of the prime things to do. Make sure that your stuff in your Gmail account does not fall to the prey of hackers or unauthorized people. In order to protect your confidential information, set up your Two step authentication or verification.
Now, you may question how to enable and disable the Gmail 2 step verification so that you can be sure of securing your data.
Two Factor Authentication And How To Activate It
Two Step Verification: Touted as one of the best ways to protect your information, Two-step verification is the most-preferred method to secure your account. The two-step verification just asks you to verify the same that by providing not just a password but also a unique code supplied from your phone or an external app. This key feature helps you in preventing the others from accessing your accounts. It is simple and known to everyone that just by hacking or knowing your credentials, others may get the access to your accounts. But, with the help of this unique – 2 step verification, that seems impossible.
As expected and definitely not surprisingly, Google is the again the first firm across the globe to offer this feature to its users. In fact, it also created an option of this Two-step verification for third parties if they want to use the same for their services, which is called ‘Google Authenticator’. Interestingly, top companies including Tumblr, Facebook, Dropbox and others use the service and making most of it.
And also, there is no necessity to worry about how to enable it, disable and also use it. We are here with this most useful column for you to detail about the same.
Set Up Your Google Two Step Verification:
Turn On Two-Step Verification: If you want to activate two-step verification on your Gmail account you have to Gmail Login account or if you don’t have an account create Gmail account sign up to enjoy this feature.
- At first, go to the Google’s ‘Two-step verification’ page
- Now, click on ‘Get start’.
- Then, enter your Gmail address and password. In case, if you are already sign in to your account, just enter the password.
- Click the button – ‘Start setup’.
- Now, add a phone number so that the Google can send the six digit verification code to it. Remember that this should be your Google voice number otherwise, you might end up locked out of your account.
- Now, you will receive the verification code sent your given mobile number.
- With the help of the received six digit verification code, verify your phone number.
- The, select whether or not to add your current computer as a trusted electronic device.
- Now, confirm that you are willing to turn on the ‘Two-step verification’.
- And finally, you have enabled the Two-step verification.
With this, the Google will now send a six-digit code to your phone for any app that uses Google’s web interface to authenticate your account.
Turning Off Two-Step Verification: If you want to disable the two-step verification, it is also a simple technique just as easy as to enable it. Just follow the below mentioned instructions.
- Select the ‘My Account’ on your Google account
- Now, pick the ‘Signing in and Security’
- Then, select the Two-step verification.
- Sign in with the help of your username, password and verification code, if it asks.
- Now, select Turn off Two-step verification.
- With this, a pop-up window will appear to confirm whether you want to turn off the two-step verification.
- Just select ‘OK’.
- And you have successfully disabled or turned off the two-step verification.
How To Use Gmail 2 step verification
If you don’t want the codes sent through text messages, then you can enable the Google authenticator. This allows the user to receive a randomly-generated code from the programs like – 1Password or Authy or Google’s own Authenticator.
In addition to your Google account, the user can also use it for different services. All you need to do is to make sure that they have code generation turned on in their devices.
Here is how you can use the Google Authenticator. Read on.
- After clicking the enable code generation, A bar code will present. Just scan it with Authy or Google Authenticator or 1Password to add the same to your account.
- Then, after adding it to your account, use the code generated by your app of the option to activate the Two-step code generation on the original service.
Benefits Of using Two factor Authentication
Your passwords for personal accounts can easily crack down without much effort. So, then comes the most preferred and used ‘Two step verification’ method to help you in saving and securing your account. Here are a few of its benefits you avail by using the same. Check out.
- The two-step verification offers an extra layer of protection, apart from the passwords.
- Importantly, it will be very difficult for cybercriminals to breach your account when you are using it.
- This is also called the multiple-factor or multi-step verification as it works on the method of double-checking the identity of the user.
In order to prevent the unauthorized access to your account, the Two step verification or the Two factor authentication helps you to protect your account by asking you to provide an additional piece of information even after you give it your password to get the access of your account. This is one of the best techniques to safeguard your account and information. Isn’t it perfect? Then what are still looking for? Enable it and secure your Gmail account.